At Westmorland Veterinary Group we are very lucky to have several members of our team with expertise in specific areas of veterinary medicine and surgery. These vets have been awarded Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons certificates in their chosen areas.
Gerard Winnard BVet Med Cert VC MRCVS
Gerard has a particular interest in cardiology and respiratory medicine. He regularly sees referral cases from surrounding vets that he can investigate fully with our state of the art equipment. Services offered include:
- Digital radiography
- Echocardiography with colour flow
- To record accurate measurements of the various chambers of the heart and associated blood vessels
- To allow analysis of the blood flow through and structure of the heart valves
- To identify abnormalities in the function and contraction of the heart
- To identify abnormalities in the pericardium.
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen and assessment of hepatic portal system
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) including holter monitor 24hr recording
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Blood testing for certain hormone or electrolyte imbalances
Referring vets - Please contact the Kendal surgery to arrange an appointment to see Gerard tel: 01539 722692
If you would like advice on any cardiorespiratory cases or help interpreting radiography or ECG readings Gerard will be happy to help wherever possible.
Paul Hibbin BVSC Cert SAO MRCVS
Paul has a special interest in orthopaedics and the musculoskeletal system. He sees cases involving degenerative joint diseases, fractures, immune mediated joint diseases and tendon and ligament disorders.
Richard Knight BVSC Cert CHP MF hom
Richard is a member of the faculty of homeopathy. He sees cases involving skin conditions, pain management and many other conditions and can give advice regarding homeopathic treatments for pets, farm animals and horses.